Tuesday, June 13, 2006

பேய்கள் அரசாளப் பிணம் தின்னும் பத்திரிகைகள்

Pardon me for writing in English as no time for me to search and type one alphabet by one in my urrent gloomy mood.

I do not regularly read The Hindu as I know its stand regarding the Sri Lankan ethnic issue. I do not gain anything new from The Hindu except repeating statements in the name of news, views and skews. The Hindu is the Snowwhite's stepmother's mirror image of any "LTTE is always right" website. "Mirror, mirror upon the wall, Who is the fairest of all?"

However, when one of my old friend in Australia, who in spite of Tamil continously mulls the idea that self-determination of Tamils is the root the evil and the cause for the current pathetic situation forwarded me this The Hindu editorial to reaffirm his stand, I was speechless.

Reading it made me furious, and surfed the The Hindu archives of this month looking for its reporting on Sri lankan ethnic issues only to get more furious.

While the editorial of The Hindu (remind you that the editor of The Hindu is a recent graduate of Lanka Ratna Academy) goes on driving in what it usually pretends as 'neutral gear mood' as, "If the terrorists think they can have their way by forcing a war on the Sri Lankan state, they should know they cannot win. For the Sri Lankan Government, which enjoys unprecedented international goodwill, the only option is to work towards marginalising the LTTE," it did not utter a single word on what happened in Vankalai. As an already-opinionated reader, I am less care of what The Hindu says and what it offers to its readers. Yet I could not resist myself thinking, "What the hell is The Hindu thinking of its faithful readers, who blindfoldly think and defned The Hindu for every syllable it utters!" Is it possible that Mr. Ombudsman of The Hindu will listen if people - of course, not like myself, but the bandwagon of faithful 'Letters to the Editor' old gentlemen- raise the question about its shady news and skewed views on Sri Lankan issues?

I wish if The Hindu read - at least, secretly- its own column writer cum parttime LTTE media slayer Mr. D. B. S. Jeyaraj continuously writes on recent tides on Sri Lanka.

Could anyone enlighten me if there is any decent and fact found media watch in India?

Comments:
The Hindu is anohter Lanka Puvath in Indian soil.
 
Hello Devan! I know it. My question is, "What are we going to do about it?" Only moaning and mourning won't solve the problems, you see. Those who are interested in bleaching chemical agents of The Hindu should properly mobilise to act. When I say act, I mean a decent act, not a mere smear campaign of cursing and word twisting. The Hindu's color should be stripped off in the national and international levels among its professional peers. From Washington Post to The Guardian, its shoddy journalism should be revealed to the extent its echo to boomerang under The Hindu's belt.
 
Yes, organize and mobilize!!! I strongly encourage a letter writing campaign in which readers encourage
"The Hindu" to partake in fair and
informative journalism and not to partake in propoganda to serve the interests of the powers that be and their ill-informed supporters. Take five minutes and pen a letter to the editors and mention that the role of the media is to be the "fifth estate" and espouse the virtues of good and honest journalism.
 
Hindu Ram is Lanka Ratna. He needs another Award from Mahinda.
BBC Tamil Osai is another Devil.
it works for India and lanka.
forget News rubish
 
Post a Comment



<< வீடு

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?