Thursday, January 15, 2009

பிபிசியில் ஸ்ரீலங்கா & ஈழமக்கள் கருத்துகள்

பிபிசியில் ஸ்ரீலங்கா & ஈழமக்கள் கருத்துகள்

Kantharubi Sivanathan, 28, mother-of-two, Paranthan

On the night of 9 January my family was among a group of 58 people trying to cross over to army-controlled area.


We came into army-controlled areas for safety but I have lost my husband

It was night-time when we were going and I think that we ran into some army people who were lying there. Suddenly there were reports of gun fire and suddenly we all fell down.
A bullet hit my husband and he was instantly killed.

Everyone was crying and shouting. After half an hour, the soldiers came to help us and they took us and the injured and the dead bodies to Kilinochchi hospital and from there we were taken to the IDP camp.

I escaped without any injuries but I lost my husband. We came into army-controlled areas for safety but I have lost my husband. I don't know what I am going to do with my two small children.

I don't know what is going to happen to my family in the future. I am all alone without my husband. As it was too dark I don't know who fired the shots but the army helped us."
------------------------------

Anura Shaminda Kumarasingham, shipping worker


I am a patriotic person but I come from both sides of the conflict. My father is Tamil and my mother is Sinhalese. I was brought up in the south but we went on holidays to Jaffna.

Most Sinhalese people worship Tamil Gods. Even the military, before they go to the north to fight, worship in Hindu temples in Kataragama. I am a Buddhist. But in this one country people are fighting each other. Both sides are killing innocent people.

I feel caught by the conflict. Even when the military operation is over, there will still be hardship. I can't support the killing of innocent people - Tamil or Sinhalese. So many people are going through hardship in the [northern] Wanni [region].

I am totally against a separate state but Tamils must have a chance to get some recognition, to show their identity.

All places captured are part of Sri Lanka. Why is it such a big thing? If the government captured Tamil Nadu, then I could see why they might celebrate. Not for Kilinochchi.




for the full text
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/south_asia/7828883.stm

Labels: , , , , ,


Comments: Post a Comment



<< வீடு

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?